National AI Student Challenge 2022
- Encourage critical and creative thinking skills needed to navigate and adapt to the changing world
- Increase applications of AI technology
- Encourage active involvement in shaping future using AI technology
To be eligible to enter the Challenge :
(i) You must be a full-time student currently enrolled in a local Secondary School, Integrated Programme (IP) School, International School, Independent School, Junior College, Institute of Technical Education, Polytechnic and University, or Full-time National Servicemen (NSF).
(ii) If You and/or any of your team member(s) are below the age of 18 years old, your registration form must be accompanied by completed parental consent form(s) for You and/or your team member(s). Otherwise, your registration and Entry will be deemed incomplete and void.
(iii) If You sign-up as a Team, you may register up to 4 Team members. Ensure that all members fulfil criteria (i) and (ii).
(iv) Use your School / Institution email address. Do not submit using personal emails such as Yahoo or Gmail individual accounts as these will be rejected. NSF may use your personal email address.
You will be required to do the following :
a. Successfully complete AI Singapore’s AI for Industry (AI4I)® – Literacy in AI; and
b. Choose either category to participate in :
i. Category A (No-Coding)
ii. Category B (With Coding)
c. Requirements :
i. You may only submit one Entry. Incomplete entries may be disqualified.
ii. Use your own laptop to participate.
iii. Specifically for Category B :
- You must use your own compute resource.
- Datasets will not be provided. You will need to build your own datasets that can best demonstrate your use case. Alternatively, You may use External Data (see Section 7 of the Challenge Terms and Conditions).
- If your Entry is shortlisted, you shall be notified, latest, by 14 February 2023 to present your solution on 17 February 2023 to a panel of judges. Your Entry shall be disqualified if you are unable to attend the presentation in-person.
5 Dec 22
– Participants to complete AI Singapore AI4I® – Literacy in AI (5-hour online course) latest by 6 Feb 2023
6 Jan 23
Start of Challenge
– Participants to visit the Challenge website for the following items :
– AI Singapore Welcome Video
– Problem Statements
– AI Brick Resources (for Category B)
– Participants to start working on their entries and submit their entries before 6 Feb 2023
12-13 Jan 23
15:00 – 17:00
(Optional) Online Consultation Sessions
Online sessions where participants from Categories A and B may ask questions to AI Singapore, including AI Bricks (for Category B)
6 Feb 23
End of Challenge
– Registration closes
– Submission deadline for entries for both Categories A and B
14 Feb 23
For Category B participants only
Announcement of shortlisted participants moving to Grand Final Presentation stage
17 Feb 23
16:00 – 17:00
For Category B participants only
Grand Final Presentation (In-Person)
20 Mar 23
Announcement of Winners for both Categories A and B
13 May 23
09:00 – 10:00
Prize Presentation Ceremony during the AI Student Developer Conference 2023
Prizes by AI Singapore :
Top 5 Winners
Top 3 Winners
+ Special Prizes by Industry/Challenge Partners
Registration Is Now Closed
If you have any enquiry, visit our FAQs here (https://connect.aisingapore.org/community/national-ai-student-challenge/) or post your enquiry here (https://connect.aisingapore.org/community/aisg-all-programmes-national-ai-student-challenge/).